Student engagement happens as a result of a teacher's careful planning and execution of specific strategies. This basic premise drives The Highly Engaged Classroom, a self-study text that provides in-depth understanding of how to generate high levels of student attention and engagement. Using the suggestions in this book, every teacher can create a classroom environment where engagement is the norm, not the exception.
- Read relatable classroom stories that depict the presented strategies.
- Gain exercises and end-of-chapter proficiency scales to help assess and reinforce understanding.
- Utilize an appendix that clearly explains the concept of effect size.
- Use an appendix of unusual information to help engage students in content.
- Discover an appendix of planning questions for implementing the presented strategies.
Published by Marzano Research Laboratory